My Career, Sans Ladder

September 06, 2005

Loss of momentum

Like most 20-somethings these days I am going through a bit of a quarter-life crisis. Over the past year I've quit my job, traveled around the world, moved back in with my parents, and spent way too much time watching reality TV. And yet, here I am still unsure of what to do next.

When you're working I think there's a kind of momentum, either positive or negative, but at least it's something. Looking back on my first few jobs out of college, I didn't like where I was headed so I decided to step off my career path and set out for a new one. Now that I've been without a job for a while I have this feeling, not of being stuck but, of not moving and I'm hoping this blog will help me work through it. I think writing about my current situation will help me (and maybe others) be more focused and successful with finding a new career.

Should be fun to see what happens next.


2 Comments:

  • Welcome to the mad, mad world of blogging. Sounds like you have some soul searching to do regarding your next "employment opportunity" and career.

    Btw, your http://ak.tyepad.com/whereami isn't working.

    And, how about an About page telling us more about you?

    I'm enjoying your posts. Keep it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

  • Eep! Thanks for catching the mistake Karen.

    Link should be good to go now.

    By Blogger Adam, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home