My Career, Sans Ladder

October 11, 2005

Asking the right questions (pt. 2)

Here's a few good questions from Part 1:

The relevant question in looking at a job is not What will I do, but who will I become? What belief system will you adopt, and what will take on heightened importance in your life?

1) Who am I?
2) What situations have brought out the best in me? / How did I act during those peak experiences?
3) What type of environment do I thrive in?
4) What are my values/beliefs?
5) What are you taking for granted? It's a natural tendency to believe what comes naturally to us is a simple skill that everyone else possesses in droves too. The less we struggled to acquire said skill the more we assume it's so ubiquitous that it's not marketable.

update: another one from Evelyn at Worthwhilemag..."I looked back on my life and tried to figure out what I had."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home