My Career, Sans Ladder

October 13, 2005

Drop the ladder, pick up a brand

Some interesting (and exciting) discussion going on over at Gaping Void today. Hugh was explaining the benefits of creating a Global Micro Brand (GMB) and in the comments section, Evelyn replied with a discovery she had made: almost all the people in my "Ladder-less Careers" list (right column, right above the Google Ad) are also known to have their own Global Micro Brand...interesting. So, if you don't know, now you know.

ps: thanks for the digital shout-out Evelyn, you made it sound like this blog was a lot more established than it currently is :)

pps: Who else out there has a Ladder-less (and Brand-full) career?


3 Comments:

  • ps: thanks for the digital shout-out Evelyn, you made it sound like this blog was a lot more established than it currently is :)

    "Acting as if" is part of the trick of establishing a GMB ;-)

    Anyway, I loved your question on Hugh's blog - which comes first courage or the brand for a ladder-less career - I think I'll answer from my POV next week.

    Evelyn http://evelynrodriguez.typeepad.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • I'm not brand-full, but I am another intentionally ladder-less twenty-something that left the cushy-but-unsatisfying job before knowing what to do next. Figuring out what's next is much, much harder than I thought it would be. I'm hoping I can glean some wisdom from your search for a similar goal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:58 AM  

  • hope I can help aaron.

    by the way, keep up the good work with Alarmless, made for some enjoyable reading.

    By Blogger Adam, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home