My Career, Sans Ladder

October 28, 2005

What have I done?

Man, it's a good thing I started this blog...without it (or more accurately, without the feedback) I might not have made a recent career move.

Why not? Mostly because when I quit my last job I kept telling myself I wouldn't ever go back to the same type of role, as I didn't think it was good long-term fit for me. But when I asked the question - Can the same path lead to a new destination I got some excellent advice from Jordan Rule:

Pick a location where you can appreciate the local culture and meet lots of people you trust. They will probably get you your next job.

And well, as of a week ago today I followed Jordan's advice. As an added bonus, my new location happens to come with a new job :) but instead of it being a final destination, I'm looking at it as more of a layover (can you tell I've been traveling a bunch lately?). I can't wait to get into this new environment, learn as much as I can, make a bunch of new friends, and see what it leads to next.


1 Comments:

  • Congratulations. I pretty much look at every job as a layover - not sure whether that's a good thing or not, but you know, journey, blahblah.

    By Blogger ScroobiousScrivener, at 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home