My Career, Sans Ladder

October 24, 2005

I thought I said no more quotes

As I mentioned earlier, I've been reading thru Evhead's archives tonight...and came across this great one-liner:

Sometimes I can't stop making things.*
- circa July '99

The quote makes me wonder - what things can't I stop from doing? Tonight it's been reading thru a bunch of different blogs (although I've been able to reduce the width of my wanderings somewhat). Most of the time I'll just collect a few links, pull a few quotes, make a random connection or two, etc...The most polite way I've heard this behavior summed up is "listens to the world - people, trends, etc..." but at the same time, it can be viewed as mostly sucumbing to distractions. So how can I best translate this tendency (passion?) into something "value-added"?

ps: Hey Ev, any chance I could score an invite to next year's Fleet Week party? Looks like it was a great time.

*For those that don't know, Ev played a part behind the creation of both Blogger and Odeo - and I think this quote came before either one was created (although Blogger might have been under development at the time).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home